Book Keeping Tips
1. Always match supplier payments with invoices on your accountancy system — do not pay on account as this is massively difficult to unwind in the future and reconcile.
2. Always key as much detail as possible into the accounts system—it will save time later and help in the event of a tax matters.
3. Good housekeeping is worth its weight in gold. Spend time to organize your paper and electronic records. File neatly and accurately.
4. Put your supplier invoices in date order before keying. It is then easier to decipher when looking at in the future.
5. Reconcile statements to invoices before making payments.